On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

> > * Developers will immediately understand the format
>
> I doubt it.  I think any format that we pick will have to be carefully
> documented.  People may know what JSON looks like in general, but they
> will not immediately know what bells and whistles are available in
> this context.

I also think any format where user has to carefully remember how he has
to provide the values is not user-friendly, why in this case SQL based
syntax is not preferable, with that we can even achieve consistency of this
parameter across all servers which I think is not of utmost importance
for this feature, but still I think it will make users happy.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.