On 07/21/2015 07:28 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:

In this version of patch it's not checked if variable is actually and int[]
not query_int. See following test case.

# create table test2 as (select '1'::query_int val from
generate_series(1,1000000));
# analyze test2;

# explain select * from test2 where '{1}'::int[] @@ val;
ERROR:  unrecognized int query item type: 0

I've added this check.

* Also use the estimators for the obsolete @ and ~ operators. Not that I
care much about those as they are obsolete, but seems strange not to, as
it's a trivial matter of setting the right estimator function.

* I added an ANALYZE in the regression test. It still won't systematically
test all the cost estimation code, and there's nothing to check that the
estimates make sense, but at least more of the code will now run.

You also forgot to include intarray--1.0--1.1.sql into patch. I've also
added it.

Thanks, committed!

- Heikki