Hi Robert/Andres,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de>
> wrote:
> > On 2015-07-23 11:26:27 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> can able
> restrict

> >> I don't understand the proposal.
> >
> > I understand it as PERMISSIVE := chmod 777 the target file of a COPY TO.
>
> That doesn't sound like an especially good idea.  What if I want mode 770?

Sorry for my  unclear description about the proposal.

"WITH PERMISSIVE" is equal to our existing behavior. That is, chmod=644 on
the created files.

If User don't specify "PERMISSIVE" as an option, then the chmod=600 on
created files. In this way, we can restrict the other users from reading
these files.

Let me know if i am still bad at explaining things here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh
manojadinesh.blogspot.com