On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 08:53, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

I agree it should be considered.  It helps build mind share, which I
think we can all agree is somewhat lacking for PostgreSQL compared to
MySQL.  It helps build the impression that PostgreSQL doesn't just sit
idle between major releases.  It allows a potential user base to see
"PostgreSQL" more frequently and build interest.  It let's people know
that PostgreSQL is constantly being improved.

Mind share is a powerful thing and as any advertiser will tell you,
press releases is one of the best ways to get the word out.

Greg

--
Greg Copeland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Copeland Computer Consulting