On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
> During the 9.5 cycle, and earlier, the topic of increasing our minimum
> bar for compilers came up a bunch of times. Specifically whether we
> still should continue to use C90 as a baseline.
>
> I think the time has come to rely at least on some newer features.

I don't have much opinion on the topic (aside from "it's nice that we
run on old systems" but that's neither here nor there).

But I'm not clear from the discussion exactly which compilers we're
thinking of ruling out. For GCC are we talking about bumping the
minimum version required or are all current versions of GCC new enough
and we're only talking about old HPUX/Solaris/etc compilers?

--
greg