* Robert Haas (robertmh...@gmail.com) wrote:
> We've got one reloption for views already - security_barrier.  Maybe
> we could have another one that effectively changes a particular view
> from "security definer" as it is today to "security invoker".

As I recall, there was a previous suggestion (honestly, I thought it was
your idea) to have a reloption which made views "fully" security
definer, in that functions in the view definition would run as the view
owner instead of the view invoker.

I liked that idea, though we would need to have a function to say "who
is the 'outer' user?" (CURRENT_USER always being the owner with the
above described reloption).

I'm less sure about the idea of having a view which runs entirely as the
view invoker, but I'm not against it either.

I do think both of those are independent of supporting policies for
views and foreign tables though, which we'd want even if we had
reloptions for the above ideas.

Thanks!

Stephen