On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi.kyot...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> This is wrong, current code does well for this case. I should
> broke the code during investigating the problem.
>
> > > So, to make the windows version behave as the same,
> > > dsm_impl_windows should return false if GetLastError() ==
> > > ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS regardless of hmap is valid. The current
> > > behavior is wrong because two or more postmaster *share* the same
> > > DSM segment instead of having their own segments.
>
> > > The patch attached will fix *both of* the problems.
>
> So, the patch fixes only the "Permission denied" case.

Why do you think it is bad to display even log for "Permission denied"
case?
It seems all other implementations does the same and I think it is
useful information and we should log it.  Don't you think the patch
sent by me is good enough to fix the reported issue?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.