On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Christian Marie <christ...@ponies.io> wrote:
> This patch addresses this by adding and documenting an optional argument to
> dmetaphone and dmetaphone_alt that specifies the maximum output length. This
> makes it possible to use dmetaphone on much longer inputs.

It would be good if you could register your patch here so as other
folks can track it for review, and this way we are sure that it won't
fall into the void:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/
It would be good as well if you could attach a version of this patch
directly to an email sent to this thread.

> Backwards compatibility is catered for by making the new argument optional,
> defaulting to the old, hard-coded value of four. We now have:

Preserving backward-compatibility is an essential piece. Thanks.
--
Michael