Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> Translation updates
> >>
> >> Source-Git-URL: git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgtranslation/messages.git
> >> Source-Git-Hash: cd263526676705b4a8a3a708c9842461c4a2bcc3
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Would you please document this process?
>
> It's documented in src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES (except I don't do the
> tagging anymore).  You can try it yourself.

Ah, that's it, thanks.  I remember doing it once in the past and
couldn't remember where had I gotten the procedure from.  I guess I will
add a pointer to that file in the recently created Release Process wiki
page.

> > (It would also be good to know how to create new branches and how to
> > destroy one when it goes out of support.)
>
> Yeah that one's a bit trickier and potentially confusing.  See recent
> discussion about branch naming on the translators list.  I usually just
> check the commit history for how it was done the previous time. ;-)

Aha.  (I should get a fresh clone of that repository, I guess. I
probably have extra branches now.)

BTW I'm confused about the message-branches.txt file.  Aren't we
supposed to have an entry for REL9_5_STABLE in there?