On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Gaetano Mendola <mend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm playing around with tablespace (postgresq 9.4) and I found out what I
> believe is a bug in pg_tables.
> Basically if you create a database in a table space X and then you create a
> table on the database the table is created correctly on the tablespace X ( I
> did a check on the filesystem) however if you do a select on pg_tables the
> column tablespace for that table is empty and even worst if you dump the DB
> there is no reporting about the the database or table being on that
> tablespace.
> Even \d doesn't report that the table is in the tablespace X.

Are you sure you created the table in a tablespace? See for example:
=# create tablespace popo location '/to/tbspace/path';
CREATE TABLESPACE
=# create table aa (a int) tablespace popo;
CREATE TABLE
=# \d aa
      Table "public.aa"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
 a      | integer |
Tablespace: "popo"
=# select tablename, tablespace from pg_tables where tablename = 'aa';
 tablename | tablespace
 aa        | popo
(1 row)

Regards,