On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Shulgin, Oleksandr <
oleksandr.shul...@zalando.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr.shul...@zalando.de> writes:
>> > This post summarizes a few weeks of research of ANALYZE statistics
>> > distribution on one of our bigger production databases with some
>> real-world
>> > data and proposes a patch to rectify some of the oddities observed.
>>
>> Please add this to the 2016-01 commitfest ...
>>

> Added: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/434/

It would be great if some folks could find a moment to run the queries I
was showing on their data to confirm (or refute) my findings, or to
contribute to the picture in general.

As I was saying, the queries were designed in such a way that even
unprivileged user can run them (the results will be limited to the stats
data available to that user, obviously; and for custom-tailored statstarget
one still needs superuser to join the pg_statistic table directly).  Also,
on the scale of ~30k attribute statistics records, the queries take only a
few seconds to finish.

Cheers!
--
Alex