On 01/20/2016 09:03 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
If people don't fix the issues in time, there needs to be
direct pushback, leading to much less stuff getting in next time round.

We have been slowly moving to a more dictator based release anyway. It used to be that we released "when it's done", then we moved to commitfest, and now we are having yet another discussion on the same topic of how to manage all of this.

It seems clear that we need to be able to say:

* "Your feature is awesome. Sorry, you are out of time"

Life is hard sometimes, we don't always get what we want.

Sincerely,

JD

                     +1-503-667-4564