On 2016-01-20 09:48:24 -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> There will always be patches desirable-enough that they will be reviewed
> whether or not the submitter reviewed other patches.

I think that's actually getting less and less true. By now the really
desirable-enough features imply so much work by reviewer and committers,
over a prolonged time, that they're imo unlikely to be picked up just
because they're desirable, even when the author doesn't play by the
rules.  I don't think an exceptional case or two is particularly
important.