Tatsuo Ishii <is...@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Because no one has been able to propose a good format for storing and
>> editing pictures.

> What's wrong with LibreOffice?

Is there any reason to think it doesn't have the same disease mentioned
in the previously-cited thread, namely that any change trashes pretty
much the whole file?

That might be okay for things that we only change once every ten years
or so, but otherwise it would be very git-history-unfriendly.

It's possible that we could solve that with some sort of SVG normalizer
(think pgindent for SVG) that we're careful to use before committing.
But I'm afraid that we'd still have issues with significantly different
output from different versions of LibreOffice, for example.