On 2/18/16 3:30 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't understand why you're so opposed to this. Several people said
> that they're interested in this information in the current discussion
> and it has been requested repeatedly over the years.

I think no one except Andrew Dunstan has requested this, and his use
case is disputed.  Everyone else is either confusing this with the
pg_controldata part or is just transitively claiming that someone else
wanted it.

I don't have a problem with the implementation, but I don't understand
what this feature is meant for.