On 1/12/16 6:42 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
Somehow computing the speed in relation to the cluster/database size is
probably possible, but I wonder how we can do so without constantly
re-computing something relatively expensive?

ISTM relpages would probably be good enough for this, if we take the extra step of getting actual relation size when relpages is 0.

I'm not sure a straght scale factor is the way to go though... it seems that might be problematic? I think we'd at least one a minimum default value; you certainly don't want even a small system running vacuum at 1kB/s...