On 27.02.2016 03:07, Andres Freund wrote
How does it help with any of that?
Hi, thank you for fast answer.
Maybe i wasn't too accurate in terms, because I newbie, but:
We can get information about xlog, using big amout of support function (pg_current_xlog_location(), pg_current_xlog_insert_location(), pg_xlogfile_name_offset(), pg_xlogfile_name(), pg_last_xlog_receive_location(), pg_last_xlog_replay_location(), ... etc) they helps to get get useful information about xlog files and its content. So, this patch extends this amount of functions.

This function is mostly for debugging purposes.

--
Ivan Kartyshov
Postgres Professional: www.postgrespro.com