On 2016/03/31 14:07, Noah Misch wrote:
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 01:02:57PM +0900, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
On 2016/03/24 11:14, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Thom Brown <t...@linux.com> wrote:
I've noticed that you now can't cancel a query if there's DML pushdown
to a foreign server.  This previously worked while it was sending
individual statements as it interrupted and rolled it back.

Here's what the local server sees when trying to cancel:

# DELETE FROM remote.contacts;
^CCancel request sent
DELETE 5000000

This should probably be fixed.

Looking at what has been committed, execute_dml_stmt is using
PQexecParams, so we'd want to use an asynchronous call and loop on
PQgetResult with CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() in it.

Will fix.

[This is a generic notification.]

The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 9.6 open item.  Robert,
since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
item.  If that responsibility lies elsewhere, please let us know whose
responsibility it is to fix this.  Since new open items may be discovered at
any time and I want to plan to have them all fixed well in advance of the ship
date, I will appreciate your efforts toward speedy resolution.  Please
present, within 72 hours, a plan to fix the defect within seven days of this
message.  Thanks.

Sorry for not having taken any action. I've been busy with another task lately, but I started working on this. I plan to post a patch early next week.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita