On 2016-04-10 17:55:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm.  It's true that I don't have the python debuginfo RPM installed.
> But this is a live bug, so I suspect you were too generous about
> those suppressions.

Could be - I just used the ones (after adapting for 32 vs. 64 bit
issues) provided by upstream.

> FWIW, HEAD passes cleanly under valgrind for me after fixing this one
> problem.  I have to leave shortly but will work on the back branches
> later.

Looking through them again:
# Python's allocator does some low-level tricks for efficiency. Those
# can be disabled for better instrumentation; but few people testing
# postgres will have such a build of python. So add broad
# suppressions of the resulting errors.
# See also https://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Misc/README.valgrind
{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Addr4
   fun:PyObject_Free
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Addr8
   fun:PyObject_Free
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Value4
   fun:PyObject_Free
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Value8
   fun:PyObject_Free
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Cond
   fun:PyObject_Free
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Addr4
   fun:PyObject_Realloc
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Addr8
   fun:PyObject_Realloc
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Value4
   fun:PyObject_Realloc
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Value8
   fun:PyObject_Realloc
}

{
   python_clever_allocator
   Memcheck:Cond
   fun:PyObject_Realloc
}

I can't actually see any triggering invalidly with the backtrace you
provided :(

Greetings,

Andres Freund