On 04/25/2016 09:27 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:
* Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Christian Ullrich <ch...@chrullrich.net>
wrote:

* Magnus Hagander wrote:

Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9f633b404cb3be6139f8dfdea00538489ffef9ab

Just noticed something. This DLL detection by name has never worked in
debug builds where the DLL names end in "d". Is that important?

That's an interesting point.  I guess our release builds are never with
debugging info - but could it make the buildfarm "wrong"?

Fixing it should probably be as easy as trying each dll with the specified
name and also with a "d" as a suffix?

I think so, yes.

Personally, I would have expected that at least the debug/release DLLs of a single CRT version would somehow share their environment, but I tried it and they don't.

What if both are present? Is a release build prevented from loading a debug dll and vice versa?

Alternatively, can we detect at compile time if we are a debug build and if so add the suffix?

cheers

andrew