Still trying to find my way around the source code…

The file xact.c contains references to sub-transactions (subxact) and
transaction nesting level, but no obvious documentation about what these
correspond to in SQL. A search shows that plpython supports something called
“proper sub transactions”. There are random mentions of subtransactions in the
release notes, but nothing substantive that I can find, and nothing about
transaction nesting.

Any pointers to docs or help to understand much appreciated.

Regards

David M Bennett FACS

  _____

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org