Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> I could be wrong, but I thought that the target list for an expression
> would always contain only Vars at this stage. Non-default tlists get
> injected at the end of scan/join planning. Am I wrong?
Target list for a relation, you mean? See relation.h:
* reltarget - Default Path output tlist for this rel; normally contains
* Var and PlaceHolderVar nodes for the values we need to
* output from this relation.
* List is in no particular order, but all rels of an
* appendrel set must use corresponding orders.
* NOTE: in an appendrel child relation, may contain
* arbitrary expressions pulled up from a subquery!
regards, tom lane
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (email@example.com)
To make changes to your subscription: