On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Does it appear to compile without that?

It does. The only thing that's absent is the pgrminclude directive,
which is of course just a C comment.

> (More generally, is there a better answer for that problem?)

My unpublished parallel B-Tree index build patch will move everything
to do with index builds into nbtsort.c. So, I will more than likely
eventually propose that everything in question live there. I think
that's a better approach in general, because the current high-level
coordination from nbtree.c (e.g. how spools are initialized there)
seems a little contrived. A single entry point for nbtsort.c works
better.

Short term, I guess the best solution is to just have a pgrminclude
directive in both files.

--
Peter Geoghegan