Existing application code written to call function in Oracle which return
no.of rows in out parameter and return-values is cursor-result

this need migrate to PostgreSQL, need help here

example: (actual function declaration only)
*Oracle:*
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sc_getapppermissionlist (
    v_role_ids IN VARCHAR2,
    v_rowsfound OUT INTEGER,
    result_cursor1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR
) ...

*PostgreSQL:*
*method 1*:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sc_getapppermissionlist (
    v_role_ids IN VARCHAR,
    v_rowsfound OUT INTEGER,
    result_cursor1 OUT REFCURSOR
) ...

but this approach issue is, need to do in BEGIN - END block inside
with FETCH ALL IN "<unnamed portal X>"
  - here we need/think common approach for database

*method 2:*
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sc_getapppermissionlist (
    v_role_ids IN VARCHAR,
    v_rowsfound OUT INTEGER)
RETURNS TABLE/SETOF

this approach is not working