Hello,

I've noticed one problem by upgrading from postgresql-7.3.1 to 7.3.2.
The example of this problem looks like this:

   create table test (a int, b text);
   create view testview as select * from test;

   create or replace rule testview_ins as
   on insert to testview do instead
   (
   insert into test values (1, 'a');
   insert into test values (2, 'b');
   );

   create or replace function testfun() returns text as
   '
   plpy.execute("""insert into testview values (3, ''c'')""")
   return "test"
   ' language plpython;

Now calling "select testfun()" shows this fatal error:

   FATAL:  SPI: improper call to spi_dest_setup
           before or while processing the request.
   The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

This example worked in postgresql-7.3.1. In postgresql-7.3.2 works only
one command used in instead:

   create or replace rule testview_ins as
   on insert to testview do instead
   (
   insert into test values (1, 'a');
   );

Can you explain me this problem? Is it possible to reply also to my
email address, since I am not member of any postgresql mailing list.
Thanks.

--
Pavel Hanak