Hi,

On 2016-06-28 10:01:28 +0000, Rajeev rastogi wrote:
> >3) Our 1-by-1 tuple flow in the executor has two major issues:
>
> Agreed, In order to tackle this IMHO, we should
> 1. Makes the processing data-centric instead of operator centric.
> 2. Instead of pulling each tuple from immediate operator, operator can push
> the tuple to its parent. It can be allowed to push until it sees any
> operator, which cannot be processed without result from other operator.
> More details from another thread:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/bf2827dcce55594c8d7a8f7ffd3ab77159a9b...@szxeml521-mbs.china.huawei.com

I doubt that that's going to be ok in the generic case (memory usage,
materializing too much, "bushy plans", merge joins), and it's way more
invasive than what I'm thinking of.  I think by having batches of tuples
"bubble" up in a vulcano style executor, it's possible to get most of
the improvements of both approaches.

Andres