On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 06:20:37PM +0300, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > Please find attached a patch which makes it possible to disallow
> > UPDATEs and DELETEs which lack a WHERE clause.  As this changes query
> > behavior, I've made the new GUCs PGC_SUSET.
> >
> > What say?
>
> DELETE FROM tbl WHERE true; ?

I specifically left this possible so the feature when turned on allows
people to do updates with an always-true qualifier if that's what they
actually mean to do.

In case it wasn't clear, unqualified updates and deletes are permitted
by default.  This patch allows people to set it so they're disallowed.

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!