On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 02:10:29PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> wrote:

> >> It is possible that we don't hold any buffer pin before entering
> >> heap_update() and or heap_lock_tuple().  For heap_update(), it is
> >> possible when it enters via simple_heap_update() path.  For
> >> heap_lock_tuple(), it is possible for ON CONFLICT DO Update statement
> >> and may be others as well.
> >
> > This is currently listed as a 9.6 open item.  Is it indeed a regression in
> > 9.6, or do released versions have the same defect?  If it is a 9.6
> > regression,
> > do you happen to know which commit, or at least which feature, caused it?
> >

> Commit eca0f1db is the reason for this specific issue.

[Action required within 72 hours.  This is a generic notification.]

The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 9.6 open item.  Andres,
since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
item.  If some other commit is more relevant or if this does not belong as a
9.6 open item, please let us know.  Otherwise, please observe the policy on
open item ownership[1] and send a status update within 72 hours of this
message.  Include a date for your subsequent status update.  Testers may
discover new open items at any time, and I want to plan to get them all fixed
in advance of shipping 9.6rc1 next week.  Consequently, I will appreciate your
efforts toward speedy resolution.  Thanks.

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.ga447...@tornado.leadboat.com