Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 8/9/16 12:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> Here is a small patch that sets log_line_prefix and application name in
>>> pg_regress and the TAP tests, to make analyzing the server log output
>>> easier.

>> How would this interact with the buildfarm's existing policies
>> on setting log_line_prefix?

> AFAICT, that only applies if the build farm client runs initdb itself,
> that is, for the installcheck parts.

Well, I guess the subtext of my question was whether we shouldn't try
to align this with the buildfarm's choices, or vice versa.  Andrew made
some different choices than you have done here, and it seems like we
ought to strive for a meeting of the minds on what's appropriate.

Or in short: I don't want to be seeing one prefix format in some buildfarm
logs and a different format in others.