> > 8) get_next_element procedure implementation is way too smart (read
> > "complicated"). You could probably just store current list length and
> > generate a random number between 0 and length-1.
>
> No, algorithm here is more complicated. It must ensure that there would
> not be second attempt to connect to host, for which unsuccessful
> connection attempt was done. So, there is list rearrangement.
>
> Algorithm for pick random list element by single pass is quite trivial.

Great! In this case I would be _trivial_ for you to write a comment that
describes how this procedure works, what makes you think that it gives a
good distribution in all possible cases (e.g. if there is more than
0x10000 elements in a list - why not), etc. Right? :)

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev