On 11/09/16 17:01, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Mark Kirkwood
<mark.kirkw...@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

performed several 10 hour runs on size 100 database using 32 and 64 clients.
For the last run I rebuilt with assertions enabled. No hangs or assertion
failures.

Thanks for verification.  Do you think we can do some read-only
workload benchmarking using this server?  If yes, then probably you
can use concurrent hash index patch [1] and cache the metapage patch
[2] (I think Mithun needs to rebase his patch) to do so.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/caa4ek1j6b8o4pcepqrxnyblvbftonmjeem+qn0jzx31-obx...@mail.gmail.com
[2] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/cad__ouhj29cebif_flge4t9vj_-cfxbwcxhjo+d_16txbem...@mail.gmail.com

I can do - are we checking checking for hangs/assertions or comparing patched vs unpatched performance (for the metapage patch)?

regards

Mark