On 09/28/2016 02:35 AM, Mark Dilger wrote:
The function

  static void xlog_outdesc(StringInfo buf, XLogReaderState *record);

in src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c is called by XLogInsertRecord,
and after returning a string describing an XLogRecord, it clears the
state data in its XLogReaderState argument.  That mixes the read-only
semantics of "give me a string that describes this argument" and the
read-write semantics of "clear out the value in this argument".

I don't see where the "clears the state data" is happening. Can you elaborate?

- Heikki