Tom Lane wrote:
OSDL has just come out with a set of open-source database benchmarks:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/performance/

The bad news:
"This tool kit works with SAP DB open source database versions 7.3.0.23
or 7.3.0.25."

(In fact, they seem to think they are testing kernel performance, not
database performance, which strikes me as rather bizarre.  But anyway.)

The good news:
"We are planning to port this test kit to other databases."

Perhaps someone around here should help out...

Yep, this is the group that have hit a performance limit with SAPDB and are 100% definitely looking to move it to PostgreSQL, *if* they can get people to assist them.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-- "My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there." - Indira Gandhi

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])