On 09/26/2016 07:51 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
However, they don't have
to accept the possibility that arbitrary local files readable by the
user ID will be used for authentication and/or disclosed; this patch
would force them to accept that risk.
I do agree with you, however we might have to take a look at the parameter sslkey's implementation here as well - There are no checks in place to stop you from using rogue sslkey parameters. I'd like to suggest having both of these parameters behave in a similar fashion. In order to achieve safe behaviour, we could implement the use of environment variables prohibiting the use of user-located pgpassfiles and sslkeys.
How about PGSECRETSLOCATIONLOCK ?