On 10/07/2016 01:34 PM, Michael Banck wrote:
Hi,

ISTM that pg_rewind's --source-pgdata and --source-server options are
mutually exclusive, and the synopsis in the documentation seems to
indicate that as well:

|pg_rewind [option...] {-D | --target-pgdata} directory
|{--source-pgdata=directory | --source-server=connstr}

However, there is no such check in the code.

I've seen people assume --source-pgdata is supposed to be the data
directory location on the remote server if they specify --source-server
as well, and are then confused by error messages.

So I think pg_rewind should abort in this case.  Patch for that attached.

Agreed. Committed, thanks!

- Heikki