On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.harib...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:

> >> This looks like a good feature contribution, thanks.
> >>
> >> At present the patch doesn't apply cleanly, please rebase.
> >

> > Rebased patch is attached.
>
> Moved to next CF as there is a patch and no reviews.
>
> +       push_jsonb_string_key(&parseState, "map");
> +       push_jsonb_string_value(&parseState, hba->usermap);
> [...]
> +    <row>
> +     <entry><structfield>options</structfield></entry>
> +     <entry>Configuration options set for authentication method</entry>
> +    </row>
> Why is it an advantage to use jsonb here instead of a simple array
> made of name=value? If they were nested I'd see a case for it but it
> seems to me that as presented this is just an overkill. In short, I
> think that this patch needs a bit of rework, so I am marking it as
> returned with feedback.

Yes, I agree that adding these JSONB utility functions for this view
is an overkill, but I thought that these are may be useful for some
users if it is a JSONB type instead of array.

If anyone else feel the same opinion, I can update the patch with
array datatype.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia