Considering the time zone abbreviations that are accepted on input, I find
a couple of bogosities:

WDT     +09:00  West Australian Daylight Time
AWST    +08:00  Australia Western Standard Time
WADT    +08:00  West Australian Daylight Time
WST     +08:00  West Australian Standard Time
WAST    +07:00  West Australian Standard Time

At least two of these are evidently wrong.  Who knows which?

FWT     +02:00  French Winter Time
FST     +01:00  French Summer Time

These are mixed up.  (I doubt these abbreviations even need to exist.
France uses Central European Time.)

I also have some doubts about the terminology offered in the "History of
Units" section.  It says

Julian day      = invented by Scaliger, counts days from 1 January 4713 BC
Julian date     = invented by Caesar, predecessor of modern calendar

However, my sources say that the first is the "Julian date" and the second
is simply the Julian calendar.  Ideas?

--
Peter Eisentraut   [EMAIL PROTECTED]