Consider this situation:
1. I have a background worker process.
2. The process creates a latch, initializes it using InitLatch & resets it.
3. It then creates a thread and passes the latch created in step 2 to it.
To pass it, the process uses the last argument of pthread_create.
4. The thread blocks by calling WaitLatch.
5. The process after some time sets the latch using SetLatch.
The thread does not notice that the latch has been set and keeps waiting.
My question is:
Are latches supposed to work between a process and a thread created by that
Skype ID: gabbasb
*Follow us on Twitter*
Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and more