On Sun, 20 Nov 2016, Petr Jelinek wrote:

On 13/11/16 23:02, Steve Singer wrote:

There is one exception though:
*** 195,214 ****
    </para>
    <para>
      A conflict will produce an error and will stop the replication; it
!     must be resolved manually by the user.
    </para>
    <para>
!     The resolution can be done either by changing data on the subscriber
!     so that it does not conflict with incoming change or by skipping the
!     transaction that conflicts with the existing data. The transaction
!     can be skipped by calling the
!     <link linkend="pg-replication-origin-advance">
!     with a <literal>node_name</> corresponding to the subscription name. The
!     current position of origins can be seen in the
!     <link linkend="view-pg-replication-origin-status">
!   </para>
  </sect1>
  <sect1 id="logical-replication-architecture">

I don't see why this needs to be removed? Maybe it could be improved but
certainly not removed?

Sorry, I was confused. I noticed that the function was missing in the patch and thought it was documentation for a function that you had removed from recent versions of the patch versus referencing a function that is already committed.