On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote: > I could have lived with leaving the leak there, but really this wasn't > fixing the worst problem with the code: if it did throw an error out of > the middle of that sequence, it would leave the process setlocale'd to > some other locale than we want. That could lead to unwanted behavior > in printf and other functions. And this isn't all that unlikely: an > encoding conversion failure is definitely possible if you have a locale > selected that's not compatible with the database encoding. > > I whacked the patch around enough so that we didn't do anything except > libc calls between setting and restoring the locale. At that point it > was just a matter of adding a TRY block to be able to say that we > didn't leak any strdup'd strings, so I figured "might as well". > > Pushed with those changes.
Thanks. The changes you have done look good to me at short sight. -- Michael -- Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) To make changes to your subscription: http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers