Tom Lane wrote:
I think that we can actually get away (from an implementation point of
view) with a column containing arrays of different base types; array_out
will still work AFAIR.  It's an interesting question though how such a
column could reasonably be declared.  This ties into your recent
investigations into polymorphic array functions, perhaps.

Maybe "anyarray" shouldn't be quite so pseudo a pseudotype?

I was having similar thoughts when you first posted this, but I wasn't sure you'd want to go there. I wonder what changes are required other than promoting the typtype from a 'p' to a 'b' and the I/O functions to array_out/array_in?

Joe

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])