On 12/27/16 7:41 PM, David Fetter wrote:
I see it as larger in scope than mine because it changes how we do
things as a project.  An example of the kind of thing that this raises
is enforcement.  Will something (or someone) check that new hooks have
this?  Will somebody check for comment skew when the APIs change?
What happens when somebody forgets?

Can we reduce the scope of this to a manageable starting point? I'm guessing that all existing hooks share certain characteristics that it'd be pretty easy to detect. If you can detect the hook (which I guess means finding a static variable with hook in the name) then you can verify that there's an appropriate comment block. I'm guessing someone familiar with tools like doxygen could set that up without too much effort, and I'd be surprised if the community had a problem with it.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)