Michael Meskes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> But I wonder if we could arrange things so the Numeric stuff wents out
> of the backend.

With suitable #define hacking you could perhaps take care of the code's
dependencies on palloc/pfree ... but elog is harder, and I don't see any
realistic way to handle the backend's function-call conventions as
opposed to conventions that would make sense as a library API.

I don't want to clutter the code by having to support two sets of error
conventions and two APIs.  If you can figure a way around that, great...