On 3 January 2017 at 17:11, valeriof <valerio_farrug...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My question is if there is a way to call some sort of initializer where I
> pass all the filtering data information beforehand, so that I can keep
> calling the pg_logical_slot_get_binary_changes without having to
> re-initialize this list all the time. If this is not possible, what other
> options could I use?

There isn't any such functionality at the moment. Each logical
decoding plugin is supposed to supply its own.

Take a look at how pglogical does it in its replication set handling
and relation metadata cache.

I would quite like to generalise this approach, but am currently more
focused on things that cannot already be done without core changes.