On 01/03/2017 02:42 PM, Dilip Kumar wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
attached is v21 of the patch series, rebased to current master (resolving
the duplicate OID and a few trivial merge conflicts), and also fixing some
of the issues you reported.

I wanted to test the grouping estimation behaviour with TPCH, While
testing I found some crash so I thought of reporting it.

My setup detail:
TPCH scale factor : 5
Applied all the patch for 21 series, and ran below queries.

postgres=# analyze part;
ANALYZE
postgres=# CREATE STATISTICS s2  WITH (ndistinct) on (p_brand, p_type,
p_size) from part;
CREATE STATISTICS
postgres=# analyze part;
before or while processing the request.

I think it should be easily reproducible, in case it's not I can send
call stack or core dump.

Thanks for the report. It was trivial to reproduce and it turned out to be a fairly simple bug. Will send a new version of the patch soon.

regards