In 2016 PostgreSQL project didn't pass to GSoC program. In my
understanding the reasons for that are following.
1. We did last-minute submission of our application to GSoC.
2. In 2016 GSoC application form for mentoring organizations has been
changed. In particular, it required more detailed information about
As result we didn't manage to make a good enough application that time.
Thus, our application was declined. See  and  for details.
I think that the right way to manage this in 2017 would be to start
collecting required information in advance. According to GSoC 2017
timeline  mentoring organization can submit their applications from
January 19 to February 9. Thus, now it's a good time to start collecting
project ideas and make call for mentors. Also, we need to decide who would
be our admin this year.
In sum, we have following questions:
1. What project ideas we have?
2. Who are going to be mentors this year?
3. Who is going to be project admin this year?
BTW, I'm ready to be mentor this year. I'm also open to be an admin if
Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com
The Russian Postgres Company