Hi,
The member root in foreign_glob_cxt isn't used anywhere by
postgres_fdw code. Without that member the code compiles and
regression passes. The member was added by d0d75c40. I looked at that
commit briefly but did not find any code using it there. So, possibly
it's unused since it was introduced. Should we drop that member?

PFA the patch to remove that member. If we decide to drop that member,
we can drop root argument to is_foreign_expr() and clean up some more
code. I volunteer to do that, if we agree.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat