On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
wrote:

> On 2017/01/31 19:53, Abbas Butt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 2:25 AM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp <mailto:fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>> wrote:
>>     On 2017/01/31 18:24, Abbas Butt wrote:
>>

>         Postgres_fdw optimizes remote queries by pushing down the where
>>         clause.
>>         This feature does not work consistently when the query is
>>         executed from
>>         within a pl/pgsql function. The optimization works when the
>> function
>>         executes the query for the first 5 times, and fails afterwards.
>>

>         I understand that this is because PostgreSQL starts using
>>         generic plan
>>         with pulled up where clause after the 5th invocation hoping that
>> it
>>         would be faster since we have skiped planning the query on each
>>         invocation, but in this case this decision is causing the query
>>         to slow
>>         down.
>>

>         How should we fix this problem?
>>

>     ANALYZE for the foreign table doesn't work?
>>

> No.
>>
>> analyze ts.tickets;
>> WARNING:  skipping "tickets" --- cannot analyze this foreign table
>> ANALYZE
>>

> How the foreign table ts.tickets is defined?

test=# \d ts.tickets
         Foreign table "ts.tickets"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers | FDW Options
--------+---------+-----------+-------------
 id     | integer | not null  |
Server: mysql_server
FDW Options: (dbname 'msql_test_db', table_name 'tickets')

Its a foreign table, referring to table 'tickets' defined on MySQL.

> Best regards,
> Etsuro Fujita

*Abbas*
Architect

Ph: 92.334.5100153
Skype ID: gabbasb
www.enterprisedb.co <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and more
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>