On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut
<peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/17 12:07, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Anyway IMO that we can expose all the
>> columns except the sensitive information (i.e., subconninfo field)
>> in pg_subscription to even non-superusers.
>
> You mean with column privileges?

Yes.

So there are several approaches...

1) Expose all the columns except subconninfo in pg_subscription to
    non-superusers. In this idea, the tab-completion and psql meta-command
    for subscription still sees pg_subscription. One good point of
    idea is that even non-superusers can see all the useful information
    about subscriptions other than sensitive information like conninfo.

2) Change pg_stat_subscription so that it also shows all the columns except
    subconninfo in pg_subscription. Also change the tab-completion and
    psql meta-command for subscription so that they see pg_stat_subscription
    instead of pg_subscription. One good point is that pg_stat_subscription
    exposes all the useful information about subscription to even
    non-superusers. OTOH, pg_subscription and pg_stat_subscription have
    to have several same columns. This would be redundant and a bit confusing.

3) Expose subdbid in pg_stat_subscription. Also change the tab-completion
    and psql meta-command for subscription so that they see
    pg_stat_subscription. This change is very simple. But non-superusers cannot
    see useful information like subslotname because of privilege problem.

I like #1, but any better approach?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao