On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Few more comments.
> 1.I don't see any check in the code which will prevent the parallel
> execution of the query inside a function if its called from a DML
> statement.
> e.g. If we use a function in the update statement's which has the
> select statement.

Having said that, I am thinking do we really need to block such cases?
It just looks fine to me that an update statement calls a function (in
targetlist or condition), which launches a bunch of workers for the
internal query inside PL; finishes the work and shutdown them, only
after this, the update will change any record. So basically I want to
make a point that between the worker launch and shutdown there is no
change in the database state.

Any other opinion on this?

--
Regards,